* Finding mindless entertainment is easy; online calendars galore exist for sports, music and movies in every city. Finding meaningful ways to get involved in your community: difficult and time-consuming!
* Current event sources like Meetup or FB require you set-up an account, and already be plugged in to certain communities, and individually visit relevant group pages.
* Visiting the websites of every non-profit or grassroots organization in your city and searching for their events is time-consuming and inefficient! Signing up for all their newsletters clutters your inbox.
* Organizations have very few targeted channels for reaching reaching prospective members. Important events go missed in the clutter of inbox newsletters.
* For individuals seeking to get involved in an issue, or organizations seeking allies, there is currently no comprehensive list of organizations filterable by the topics they work on.
* The above illustrates problems with engagement in ones' own city; try finding progressive communities in a city your visiting, or organizing movements regionally!!
* Any organization can create an account on ActivateHub.org, and link their Google or iCal. Our site will pull from their data source every 24 hours, ensuring their events show up on our calendar, tagged with the topics they work on.
* They are also added to our filterable organization list.
* ActivateHub.org can also import from FB feeds, or individual Meetup events.
* Allowing comments on events will provide valuable feedback to event organizers, and allow the conversation to continue for those who were moved to action by the event.
* Finding events or ally organizations in other cities across the country will be easy!
* As a central hub for civic engagement, the site can break down silos and foster collaboration. It also serves as an ideal place for en masse Calls to Action, be it political or in Emergency Response and Natural Disaster situations.
* This is a Ruby on Rails, open source project, utilizing the Calagator code base.
* There is also, currently, a WordPress component, serving as our splash page and informational page.
* We utilize a Full Calendar jquery plug-in that needs some love!
* We use an agile project management tool, Pivotal Tracker.
Team Needs Include:
* In addition to the above tech specs, we need SEO, social marketing & Google Analytics pros.
* Connections throughout the non-profit world. Working with orgs to link to our site is key! We exist to drive the public to engage in social change, driving folks to relevant organizations and their events is key!
* We expect to incorporate as a B Corps. Legal counsel would be useful!